On 30th September 1988 Margareta Dillinger, Johnny Klinke and the unforgotten cabaret artist Matthias Beltz opened the first international variety club of modern times in downtown Frankfurt. To the complete surprise of pundits and a delighted city audience, the revival of variety was destined to take place in, of all places, Frankfurt am Main.
The union of diversity is the common guidline of the variety culture. At the Tigerpalast, in city of Frankfurt, everybody takes this motto seriously and transfers it to a perfect hospitality of the guest. Beside the thoughtful service during the show, the Palastbar-Restaurant and the Tiger-Gourmetrestaurant fulfills every wish. The concept of the managing team of Dillinger, Klinke and Mangold is based on authenticity and the attention to details for over 25 years, to preserve the timeless peachiness of the theater.
Margareta Dillinger, Director
Margareta Dillinger founded the Tigerpalast Varieté Theater with Johnny Klinke and Matthias Beltz in 1988. Since two decades she is one of the most knowledgeable experts of the international circus arts. At the Tigerpalast the artistic director is responsible for the direction and all the corresponding topics. As an engaged promoter of young artists from all around the world she travels regulary to different circus festivals and artistic events to scout new talents.
In cooperation with Robert Mangold and Johnny Klinke she opened in 2004 the Caféhaus Siesmayer as well as in 2012 the Gesellschaftshaus Palmengarten. In 2007 she received in conjunction with Johnny Klinke the Goethe badge of the state of Hessia for her engagement at the Tigerpalast.
Johnny Klinke, Director
In cooperation with Margareta Dillinger and Matthias Beltz Johnny Klinke founded the Tigerpalast Varieté Theater in 1988. He is responsible for the direction, the stage operation and the off-site events. Beside his various engagement for international and cultural projects at the Rhein-Main area and adviser activities for different institutions he is a popular jury member of various circus festivals.
He opened the Caféhaus Siesmayer in 2004 with Robert Mangold and Margareta Dillinger, as well as the Gesellschaftshaus Palmengarten in 2012. In 2007 he received in conjunction with Margareta Dillinger the Goethe badge of the state of Hessia for his engagement at the Tigerpalast.
Robert Mangold, Managing director
The trained chef and hotel manager opened in cooperation with Margareta Dillinger and Johnny Klinke Germanys most popular variety theater “The Tigerpalast”, in 1988. He is responsible for the gastronomy, ticketing, marketing, staff and the commercial departments. He influenced the impressive development of the Tigerpalast gastronomy. The Tiger-Gourmetrestaurant is the only restaurant in a theater that was honored by two stars of Michelin in Germany and it is the heart of the Tigerpalast.He already started to configure the basic ideas of the new Palmengarten gastronomy in 1999. He opened with Johnny Klinke and Margareta Dillinger the Caféhaus Siesmayer in 2004 and the Gesellschaftshaus Palmengarten in 2012. From 1999 until 2012 he was the deputy president and since 2012 he is the first president of the German variety theater society .
Heiligkreuzgasse 16-20, 60313 Frankfurt am Main
+49 (0)69 92 00 22-0
Phone group- and banquet inquiries:
+49 (0)69 920022-50
Opening hours sales office:
Mon - Sat from 10.00 am to 07.00 pm & Sun from 12 pm to 06.00 pm
Vaudeville directors: Margareta Dillinger & Johnny Klinke
Managing director: Robert Mangold
Sales Manager: Caroline Llamas Wohler
Marketing Manager: Clara Schmidt
Banquet-Event Manager: Iris Rojas de la Cruz
Human resources department: Gaby Klink
IT-department: Alexander Weigel
Sekretary: Ina Meister
Chef de Cuisine Tiger-Gourmetrestaurant : Coskun Yurdakul
Tiger-Gourmetrestaurant manager: Nadine Strache
Chef de Cuisine Palastbar-Restaurant: Manuel Becker
Palastbar-Restaurant manager: Jens-Martin Rhode
Vaudeville service manager: Steffen Schreiner
- Germany’s leading variety club since 1988
- Performances given both on stage and in the round
- Audience seated at small bistro tables
- One small VIP box for a maximum of 17 people
- Maximum distance from the stage 12 m
- Gourmet restaurant
- Elegant performers’ restaurant, walls decorated with images from the world of variety
- French cuisine
- Awarded 17 points by Gault Millau
- Awarded 3.5 F by Feinschmecker
- Awarded 4 chef's caps by the Restaurant & Hotelguide
- Awarded 3 spoons by the Schlemmeratlas
- Awarded 3 diamonds by the Varta guide
- Wine list with over 1,000 entries
- Opening times: Tuesdays to Saturdays from 7.00 p.m. - 0.00 midnight (All rights reserved, especially on public holidays)
- Reservations recommended
- Ancient vaulted cellar, adjoins the Palast barMain room seats 56 guests, adjoining room (= Kolleg) for up to 60 guests an the show room is for up to 34 guests; either the complete Palastbar restaurant or just the Kolleg can be booked exclusively.
- Mediterranean menus
- Especially suitable for corporate functions, anniversaries, family celebrations
- Opening times: Tuesdays to Sundays from 5.00 p.m. – 1.00 a.m.
- Ancient vaulted cellar, adjoins the Palastbar restaurant
- Comprehensive cocktail menu, range of exclusive whiskies, rums and gins
- Opening times: Tuesday to Sunday from 5.00 p.m. – 1.00 a.m.
Capacity of the premises at the Tigerpalast in persons:
Varieté: 180 (190 for private and/or complete bookings)
Tiger-Gourmetrestaurant: 50 (70 for private and/or complete bookings)
The rooms are all located in the one building at Heiligkreuzgasse 16-20 in Frankfurt. The Varieté is located at street level, the Tiger restaurant, Palast bistrot and Palast bar in the basement.